This is training and consulting for business leaders and organizations that are ready to go beyond making statements to taking meaningful action on creating an inclusive and thriving environment for all employees, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
Our approach to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is foundational and it goes beyond simply looking at policies and procedures and developing initiatives. In fact, implementation of policies, procedures and initiatives without developing a responsible foundation from which to build them often creates further harm and erodes trust.
We work with you to make sure you understand:
- The differences between Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, why they’re each important and how they must work together to create sustainable change.
- How to communicate to create a safe space for dialogue, navigate challenging conversations and open up to honest feedback from employees considered to be from marginalized groups.
- Why it’s absolutely necessary to unpack unconscious bias.
And on the point of unconscious bias, we spend some time there, because…
What you don’t know you carry, causes harm. And we know you don’t intend to.
Unconscious bias contaminates an organization’s decision-making process. It impacts:
- Who gets a seat at the table
- Whose feedback and advice you’re willing to listen to
- How you evaluate employee performance
- Who you promote
- Who you interact with and how you interact with them
- Which vendors you choose
- Who you trust to get the job done
- Who you’re willing to pay and how much
…and the list goes on. And on.
Unexplored unconscious bias costs you…
- You lose and repel clients, and therefore, revenue
- You lose and repel top talent
- You end up with an unsafe and disconnected organizational culture
- You lose out on the opportunity to have positive societal impact that leaves a legacy
Without looking at unconscious bias and understanding the foundational components of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion — initiatives, policies, procedures and conversations made with the best of intentions are tainted with blind spots and are likely to fail. You don’t know what you don’t know, right?
We know, and we know where to look. We provide a guided framework to take you through the process, so you can hold conversations, create initiatives, and develop policies and procedures that genuinely honour what responsible Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is all about.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training and consulting is for businesses that are committed to being industry leaders in creating safe spaces for all to thrive.